Orange County District Attorney’s Office to Honor, Empower Victims at 2021 Crime Victims’ Rally
SANTA ANA, Calif. – The Orange County District Attorney’s Office is hosting its 2021 Crime Victims’ Rally on April 19, 2021 beginning at 10 a.m. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 restrictions, in-person attendance at the District Attorney’s Office will be limited to pre-registered guests. Members of the public are invited to participate in the rally via Zoom.
The event, held as part of National Crime Victims’ Rights Week, is an opportunity to honor victims and listen to survivors tell their stories of how they are moving forward and reshaping their lives – and how they continue to fight for victims’ rights.
This year’s speakers include:
- Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department Undersheriff Jeff Hallock
- Nina Salarno Besselman, President/Executive Director of Crime Victims United
- Patricia Wenskunas, Founder/CEO of Crime Survivors, Inc.
- Lita Mercado, Director, Victim Assistance Programs for Waymakers
- Jonathan Hatami, Deputy District Attorney, Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, prosecuted the torture and murder of 8-year-old Gabriel Fernandez
- Steve Herr, father of murder victim 26-year-old Sam Herr who was killed along with 23-year-old Julie Kibuishi in 2010
- Connie Vargo, mother of 6-year-old Jeffrey Vargo, who was kidnapped and murdered in 1981
The Three MenAlive Tenors of the Orange County Gay Men’s Chorus will perform the National Anthem.
The Association of Orange County Deputy Sheriffs Pipes & Drums Band will perform Amazing Grace.
The Orange County District Attorney’s Honor Guard will make its official debut.
Members of the general public are invited to participate in the rally via Zoom. Register by following the link below:
Zoom Registration Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/
Zoom participants will be shown on screens during the rally and all participants will be muted.
Any person who may protest the event in person will be directed to a designated public space where true expression is welcome.
2021 Crime Victims’ Rally
Monday, April 19, 2021
Orange County District Attorney’s Office
300 North Flower Street
Santa Ana, CA 92703
In person attendance is restricted to pre-registered guests and members of the media.
Social distancing will be in place.
Elected officials and crime victims will be available for individual interviews following the event.